The weekend is almost here and, as usual, it’s time for our Weekend Project. This week we’re tying our Weekend Project in with a fun Mother’s Day promotion we’ve got going on–create a Movie for your mom (or about why you love being a mom), and you could win a Galaxy Note tablet or other great prizes.
We launched the Magisto Mother’s Day Challenge earlier this week, in partnership with Joan Osborne. Joan provided us with her new song, ‘Born to See You Through’, which you can use in a Movie when you select our new Mother’s Day style. To enter, just include the hashtag #MagistoMoms or #JoanOsborne in the title of your Movie. Share your Movie to get as many likes as possible on Magisto, because the creators of the most-liked Movies will receive prizes, which you can read about here.
We thought we’d take the time out to provide a few tips on how to make the ultimate personalized Mother’s Day Movie:
2. Shoot some videos and take some pictures of and about your mom. This can be you talking to the camera about why you love your mom, videos and photos of you hanging out with your mom or anything that represents a special moment or inside joke you share with your mom. Getting out the old family albums and taking pictures of old photos of your mom when she was young, you when you were a baby and other fun memories can add a nice touch!
3. Upload the photos and videos you want to use to Magisto
4. Select the new Mother’s Day style, designed specifically for creating Movies for moms – we’ve also provided a list of mom-themed songs to use, including Joan Osborne’s ‘Born to See You Through’
5. Give your Movie a title – this is a good place to write a short greeting for your mom. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #MagistoMoms or #JoanOsborne if you want to be entered in the contest!
6. Wait for your Movie to be created and get ready to see your mom cry tears of joy when you show it to her! 🙂
Looking for a little creative inspiration? Here’s a Mother’s Day Movie starring Joan Osborne. Have you made a Movie for your mom yet? We’d love to see it! Feel free to share it with us on Facebook or Twitter.