YouTube’s chief business officer, Robert Kyncl, has predicted that “within the next three years 90 percent of all Internet traffic will be video, and 75 percent of all video will be digital.”
It’s a bold claim but one that’s hard to argue, especially when it comes to the staggering growth of video marketing. Unlike other marketing channels, online video uniquely humanizes your brand, conveys personality, promotes community, and provides easy sharing across teams and distribution channels.
These numbers along with Magisto’s simple, powerful and affordable ability to create video marketing content for your business are just a few reasons we have created Magisto for Business with customized themes for Real Estate Agents, Yoga Instructors, Chefs, Beauty Brand Managers and more that are perfect for posting on your Facebook page, Instagram and Website.
Coming up with ideas for content is the easy part. Making it compelling and getting your target audience to engage is trickier and we are here to help.
This has major implications for both marketing professionals and small business owners, where delivering the right video at the right time can reap big rewards. According to a recent survey of US digital video viewers, more than 75 percent watch a video before making a purchase.
With more and more shoppers making their purchases on their mobile devices we highly recommend uploading your videos natively to your Facebook and Instagram accounts to increase your audience awareness and engagement. Be sure to check out our easy guides on how to upload your videos to Facebook and boost your posts and advertising your videos!
The 4 proven pillars of truly effective online video marketing:
Pillar 1: Establish Empathy
At this stage, a potential customer is just starting to realize they have a problem, one for which you can provide the best solution. It’s your challenge to communicate “we understand you and can help.”
Some effective ways to convey this via online video include:
- Educational series – Proves to audiences that you understand the challenges, opportunities, and solutions associated with their problem. It doesn’t even need to be directly about your product as long as you’re making a meaningful connection.
- Thought Leadership – Establishes your credibility as a go-to resource for people in your field. Confirms you can turn ideas into reality, and replicate success.
- Promotional – Provides an entertaining introduction to your company that invites audiences to learn more. Often validates their pain, with a hint of a solution. These are great videos to include on your Facebook page as your welcome video message:
Pillar 2: Drive Meaningful Interaction
This can be the most critical and challenging pillar when it comes to maintaining momentum. Prospects want compelling video content but might not be ready for a sales pitch. Effective video marketing often involves throwing the long ball to gain customer trust using strategies like these:
- Video Newsletter – Provides a consistent way to keep in touch. Combines company and product information so viewers can pick and choose the content they want.
- Influencer series – Aligns your brand with industry experts and authorities that provide third-party perspective and validation.
- Product tour – Lets buyers take a digital test-drive of your product or service.
- Customer Testimonial – Allows viewers to identify with others in the same boat, and see how your company helped solve their problems. Check out this great example of a Customer Testimonial:
- Pillar 3: Communicate Key Differentiators
At this stage selling is now allowed, but content should be factual and objective. Effective video strategies at this stage include:
- Explainer – Helps viewers situate themselves with your product or service. Goes deep on specific differentiators such as ROI, etc.
- FAQ – Addresses the top questions related to your company, product, services, and pricing, promoting transparency and proactive communication.
- Meet-The-Team – Provides a sense of company culture and values, highlighting individual personalities and their contributions to the business.
- Case Study – Showcases a specific use case or vertical industry, from discovering the challenge to finding a solution, highlighting relevant features.
Pillar 4: Build Loyalty
The prospect is now a customer but the journey is just beginning. It’s time to build your base of loyal brand advocates. Effective video strategies at this stage include:
- Brand Advocates – Features power users with high enthusiasm and skills, from peer to peer training to sales references to social sharing, and more.
- User-Generated Contest – Promotes your brand personality and fun while helping to identify new customer advocates and testimonials. Check out an example of a Magisto User- Generated Contest here.
- Product User Guide – Provides a deep dive on product functionality, accessible 24/7 on demand.
Video’s high persuasion factor makes it a no-brainer for media, marketing, and advertising professionals who want to reach more people, in more places, in more creative and engaging ways. But keeping things fresh requires creating and producing a steady stream of compelling video content. How does a small business owner or independent marketing professional find the time and wherewithal to keep the content flowing?
Magisto for Business automatically edits your smartphone video into high-quality movies with attention-grabbing styles, customized captions, and commercially licensed music that are ready to post online on your favorite channels. It takes only minutes to create Magisto videos, but they’ll immediately bring new clients and fresh opportunities to your door in the easiest and most effective way possible.